- That the drinks some people dink daily have more sugar in them then people think.
- Peoples everyday drinks can lead to lots of different types of diseases and could possibly kill you.
- The more effective adds are raising more awareness to people that drink sugar drinks.
- I understand that people are starting to realize how bad a soft drink actually is but there is still lots of people drinking them around the world.
- I also understand that once people actually see how much sugar is in one of those drinks they think again before opening it.
- Why do they put so much sugar in the drinks in the first place?
Here is the video if you would like to watch it
- Lots of different schools were singing the same song at the same time.
- They wrote the song because they wanted more people to sing and join in with a music group.
- There was four kids who wrote the song in just one hour.
- I understand that the four children writing this song has had very good teaching and have been taught for many years because the song was very well thought out.
- I understand that the song was written to try and get more people singing or do join a singing group.
- How many schools participated in this event?
Here is this video if you would like to watch it
This video was about girls footy and the girls wanting to start a girls football league. The reason they would like to start girls footy is because they want to see more girls going outside and excersing and getting healthy.
- A girls footy league will be starting in South Australia for all girls who would like to play AFL.
- Girls will be starting a under 14’s league and a under 16’s team.
- Girls shouldn’t have to play in the boys league.
- I now understand that girls and boys should be able to play what sport they like without having to fight for fairness.
- I also understand that girls shouldn’t have to play with boys just because they want to play a particular sport.
- Will Australian girls football get really popular and spread around Australia?
In this video they talk about how much food waste we produce a year. They also talk about where all of that food can go and what we can do to help.
- I fact that learnt was that we throw out 20% of the food we buy.
- 40% of the food that’s in our households bin could have been eaten.
- Australia wastes 400 000 tonnes of food per year that all could have been eaten.
- I understand that Australia wastes way to much food that could have been eaten or giving to other countries that are in need.
- I also understand that we can think before we throw out our food and do something to make a difference.
- How much waste do we throw out compared to other country’s?
This BTN story was about Aboriginal people get together and try to make the world a better place and not judge other people by their skin colour. This is called “Reconciliation Week”
About 71% of Australians think people are prejudice against Aboriginal people, but only 13% reckon there’s trust between indigenous and non indigenous Australians. It shouldn’t matter what skin colour you are or what religion or what background you are , you should always respect and care for others.Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islander people have been here way longer then all of us and they still haven’t been treated the same as other Aussies. Its’s sad to say they weren’t aloud to go to the sames schools, shops and hospitals as non-aboriginals and they weren’t even counted in the Australian population. It shouldn’t come down to that Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islander people don’t get the same rights and opportunities as the non-aboriginal people do. Why do people judge people for who they truly are?
Here is the link to the video-
In this BTN story, they talked about the Nepal earthquake and how devastating it was. The Earthquake was 7.9 magnitude rating. This earthquake left behind broken hearts, broken family’s as thousands of people passed away in the braking of their home and buildings and an avalanche from Mt Everest. This earthquake left many sick, homeless and needing medical.
I you go far underneath the surface of the earth you will find a big, red, hot molten rock. A molten rock is a very hard version of lava. Some places get many earthquakes because on top of the two tectonic plates that could possibly collide at any time. In 2012 Australia had a little earthquake which didn’t make that much damage, but China gets really bad earthquakes because they are on top of two tectonic plates and that can cause them millions of dollars to repair.