- Please copy your list words three times into your homework book.
- Start preparing your speech for classmasters, if your not sure of your topic check with you teacher.
- Start looking for ideas for your debate topic, the earlier you begin this process the easier it will be when it is your turn to debate.
- Choose 4 list words. Write each word in a sentence to show that you have a good understanding of the word.
It will be 21 DEGREES today.
Everyone be prepared because there is a MONSOON coming our way.
I have been to the top of lots of MOUNTAINS.
There is a lot of MOISTURE in the air today.
5. By now you should have your book for literature circles. Jess and I will be collecting your books each week. Make sure you take notes as each group member disscuses their homework.
6. Suffixes: The suffixes ”-ic” and ”-ical” change nouns to adjectives. Rewrite each word below, adding ”-ic” or ”-ical”. Change or drop letter if necessary.
Question:An archaeologist found some ancient numbers written as follows.
Prediction: I predict i will have to use Guess check and improve.
Clarifiaction: To figure out what the ancient numbers stand for and add them up
- Work out what each symbol stands for.
- Once you have got all your symbols and what they stand for you have to see if they are right.
- One you know they are right you can add them all up.
- and the answer is 25.
Question: Complete the addition table .
Predict: I predict I will have to use past tense knowledge.
Clarification: To enter numbers in to the table to complete the table.
1. Add the numerals in each corner together and enter the numbers in the appropriate squares
2. Make sure all the numbers add all up.
3. If they don’t add up you have made a mistake.
1. Please copy your list words three times into your homework book.
2. Start preparing your speech for classmasters, if you’re not sure of your topic check with your teacher.
3. Start looking for ideas for your debate topics, the earlier you begin this
process the easier it will be when it is your turn to debate.
4. Choose four list words. Write each word in a sentence to indicate you have a good understanding of the word.
There are lots of types of EXTREME weather.
I wonder what the WEATHER will be today?
In classmasters there is a PREPARED speech
I hate to QUE up in a line.
I am on the NEGATIVE debating team.
5. Remember to read all of the reference material that has been placed on the blog that will help you prepare for classmasters.
Question:A number of crickerters are standing in a circle. They are evenly spaced and the second cricketer is directly opposite the sixth player. How many cricters are there all together?
Prediction: I predict I will have to use draw a diagram.
Clarifacation: To find out how many cricket players are in the circle.
- Draw a circle.
- Write the numbers 1-8 around the circle evenly spaced.
- Draw lines directly opposite and all the numbers should be lined up
- So the answer should be 8