Activity 1: Create 5 sentences that each use one list word from the 5 above. Underline the list word.
E.g. Certain metals corrode, especially iron.
My book that I am reading at school is a FANTASY book.
In the PARLIAMENT they make laws for the whole country.
Once I was on the beach and an old WRINKLED lady came up to me and said ”Hello”.
ALUMINIUM is a type of metal.
They’re are different types of REACTIONS like physical REACTIONS and chemical REACTIONS.
Create 5 sentences that use possessive apostrophes. Your sentences must include at least one list word. Highlight the possessive apostrophe.
The PARLIAMENT’S function.
The LADY’S reactions.
The BOOK’S fantasy was amazing and spectacular.
The PACKET’S foil was made out of aluminium.
The LADY’S lolly pop was the main idea everyone came to the function.
Question: What is the weight of four grapefruit if one and a half grapefruit of the same size weigh 600 g?
Prediction: I think I will have to use make a similar sum or addition problem.
Clarification: You have to use the original weights to find out how many four grapefruits weigh.
- If you add the 600 grams together it makes 1200 grams which makes 3 grapefruits.
- Then you need to figure out how much is half out of 600 grams.
- Which is 400 grams.
- Then you need to add those to together which equals 1600 grams
but that’s what happens in Brazil when you try to sneak into a soccer game they beat you up. See when you are in Brazil it is very different to Melbourne. In Melbourne they probably sometimes wouldn’t even realize. But in Brazil if you try and sneak into a soccer game there even the world cup you will simply get beaten up. I do not know why they do this method of beating people up. Also in Brazil at the moment there is the World Cup on, and if you tried to sneak in there.
As the crime scene investigation thought the splilage of the egg. It was a sudden accident and nobody knows how it happened. It has splidded quite alot so we dont know haow we are going to clean it all up. They have had many interveiws with criminals that ahve done crimes in the past. They dont know how this egg got into the middle of the street in the middle of the day without anyone seeying it. They will set a majour charge against the person or thing that has done this. we hope we find that terrible criminal.
Question: What is the wieght of two bricks if four and half bricks weigh 9 kg?
Prediction: I predict I will have to use make a sum or additon problem.
Clarification: To find out how much two bricks weigh if four and a half bricks weigh 9 kilos
- If you half the four and a half bricks weighing nine kilos that equals 2 and a quater.
- In the end it should all add up too 3 and a quater.
Plus 5 of your own words
Activity 1: Create 8 sentences that each use one list word. Underline the list word.
E.g. The sugar will dissolve in water.
- When you make jelly the jelly crystals dissolve in the water.
- Water is a compound because it has 2 hydrogen 1 oxygen, (H2O)
- When you bake a cake it contains lots of different ingredients.
- There are different types of properties in the 4 states of matter.
- H2O is 2 hydrogen 1 oxygen.
- It is my wedding anniversary today.
- My necklace is shining bright as the lights flash past it.
- There is excitement in the air as we are ready for our audition.
- I get even more embarrassed when people start surrounding me.
- This chocolate taste like heaven.
Activity 2: For each noun in the list, use it as a head word and ‘stretch’ it out into a noun phrase.
The beautiful HEAVEN
The beautiful HEAVEN is peaceful
The beautiful HEAVEN is peaceful and quiet.
The colorful ANNIVERSARY
The colorful ANNIVERSARY was amazing
The colorful ANNIVERSARY was amazing and loving.
The flammable HYDROGEN
The flammable HYDROGEN was red
The flammable HYDROGEN was red and thick.
The green PROPERTIES
The green and slimy PROPERTIES
The green and slimy PROPERTIES were yuck.
The mixture COMPOUND
The mixture of green in the COMPOUND
The mixture of green in the COMPOUND was slimy
The crazy EXCITEMENT
The crazy EXCITEMENT was heating up
The crazy EXCITEMENT was heating up in the rooms.
Question: In a class of 22 students there are 4 more girls than boys. How many girls are there in the class?
Prediction: I think I will have to use make a sum or addition problem.
Clarification: To find out how many girls there are in the class.
- Figure out what half of 22 is which is 11.
- Because there is 4 more girls than boys you still need to add them on.
- So what you have to do is minus 2 from the boys which makes 9 and plus 2 to the girls which makes it 13. You had to plus to the girls because they had more.
Gateway Cold Running Black Friend
As I wake up in the morning I feel the COLD wind brushing against my face as I look up at the dark, BLACK sky. I am excited but cold as we are going on a spectacular holiday. My parents have a big surprise for me as I wake up to breakfast, they said I could have my best FRIEND could come. I sprint down to her house RUNNING as fast as I can. I get to her GATEWAY and sprint to her door to ask her. She said yes!, this is going to be the best holiday ever!